I know it is extremely overwhelming on where to start to heal to a new normal. This is what has worked for me.
- Get hormones checked
- Get Thyroid checked
- Check blood pressure daily and track
- Track your weight weekly
- Track daily diet
- Track symptoms, bowel movements, changes in symptoms and/or additional symptoms. There is a direct correlation to the brain-gut connection.
- Track sleep hygiene (bed time, wake time, napping, waking up during the night)
- Light exercise – start with walking 20-30 minutes a day
- Limit computer and phone use. Social media is a double-edged sword!
- No computers, phone, and TV 2 hours prior to bedtime. I know this is REALLY hard!
- Take supplements suggested on Diet & Supplements page
- When shopping for food, shop the perimeter of the store (often the “junk” is in the middle).
- Track all foods, products, Clean 15, and Dirty Dozen at Environmental Working Group: https://www.ewg.org/.
Please Note: The above is a great place to start. Unfortunately, it requires a fair amount of work initially. If you have the resources and are determined to heal, based on your symptoms, medical history, family history, and other conditions, I would suggest seeing an Integrative Medicine doctor.