I know it is extremely overwhelming on where to start to heal to a new normal. This is what has worked for me.
- Get hormones checked
- Get Thyroid checked
- Get MSH checked
- Check blood pressure daily and track
- Track your weight weekly
- Track daily diet
- Track symptoms, bowel movements, changes in symptoms and/or additional symptoms. There is a direct correlation to the brain-gut connection.
- Track sleep hygiene (bed time, wake time, napping, waking up during the night)
- Light exercise – start with walking 20-30 minutes a day
- Limit computer and phone use. Social media is a double-edged sword!
- No computers, phone, and TV 2 hours prior to bedtime. I know this is REALLY hard!
- Take supplements suggested on Diet & Supplements page
- When shopping for food, shop the perimeter of the store (often the “junk” is in the middle).
- Track all foods, products, Clean 15, and Dirty Dozen at Environmental Working Group: https://www.ewg.org/.
Please Note: The above is a great place to start. Unfortunately, it requires a fair amount of work initially. If you have the resources and are determined to heal, based on your symptoms, medical history, family history, and other conditions, I would suggest seeing an Integrative Medicine doctor.
Additional therapies (I strongly suggest) can be found on the Therapies page. If you need guidance on which therapies to start with, please reach out to me.